On Saturday June 1, 2019 Ontario Z Car members might be interested in attending Steve Plunkett’s Fleetwood Country Cruise
The Fleetwood Country Cruise is the largest car show in Ontario. For car guys this is a bucket list must. If thousand’s of incredible cars in a beautiful setting isn’t enough, Steve Plunkett’s car collection and auto salon will blow you away.
Currently there is no organized meetup – if you think you’ll be attending and would like to help coordinate members let us know email@example.com
Join OZC and their friends on this great tour of Prince Edward County. Sign-up now to let us know you’re coming! Contact Tom Dickson firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday June 14th!
This is an all new tour, featuring much more than just wineries.
8 AM – Meet at SAIL, 665 Laval Drive parking lot, exit at Stevenson Rd from 401 Oshawa. (Printed Directions and maps will be handed out. A waiver form will be available, which all drivers and passengers must sign. There will be a brief driver’s meeting to review tour etiquette.)
- 8:30 AM – Depart . Travel 1 ½ hour east to first destination, HUFF Winery And Oeno Gallery, 2274 Prince Edward County Road 1.
- 10 AM – Arrive Huff Winery. Visit here for 1 ½ hour, there is a $12 charge for wine tasting of 6 different wines at this winery. There is an extensive indoor and outdoor art exhibit.
- 11:30 AM – Depart Cruise to Lake on The Mountain Resort for Lunch 264 County Rd 7
- 12:00 to 12:15 – Arrive The Inn Lake on The Mountain Resort Reservations will be made in Advance. Please advise by Friday June 14 if you plan to attend as THE INN is a busy location.
- 1:30 PM – Depart for next destination, BLACK PRINCE Winery Picton 13370 County Rd. 7, Picton
- 2:15 PM – Arrive BLACK PRINCE Winery. Wine tasting for 3 wines will be $5.00 . The Winery also makes a variety of vinegars derived from wines . A tour of their wine and vinegar facility is available.
- 3: 30 or earlier – Depart for next destination, Armstrong Glass Works in Wellington. 2 Ave., Prince Edward, On K0K 3L0 Must arrive here for 4 PM where we will have a scheduled demonstration of Glass blowing. Visit the show rooms for some unique glass ware. Demo and Glassworks closes at 5 PM.
From here you may partake of excellent food as recommended by the locals at
- The East & Main Bistro or La Condessa Restaurant in Wellington , Reservations are not being made for dinner.
- Or head for home as you wish.
You are welcome to join the tour at any point, but please let Tom, email@example.com know of your intentions, especially if you are joining us for lunch, by Friday June 14.
- 9:00am Depart from Tim Horton’s in Port Perry (starting time after breakfast!)
- 9:45am Depart from Canadian Tire, Lindsay (5 min stop)
- 11:15am Depart from Tim Horton’s Fenelon Fall (after some more food!) (30 min stop)
- 12:45pm Depart from Tim Horton’s Bob Caygeon (Kawartha Ice Cream and bigeleyshoes.com (time for shopping!) (60 min stop)
- 1:45pm Depart from Kinmount (30 min stop)
- 2:05pm Depart from Gooderham (no stop)
- 3:00pm Depart from Kawartha Country Wines (25 min stop)
- 3:15pm Depart from Terry Gas Bar, Curve Lake (cheap gas) (15 min stop)
- 3:50pm Depart from Whetung Ojibwa Centre (time for shopping!) (30 min stop)
- 4:25pm Depart from Burleigh Falls (no stop)
- 5:15pm Depart from Young’s Point, Lockside Trading Company (40 min stop)
- 5:25pm Depart from Lakefield (no stop)
- 5:40pm Depart from Trent University (no stop)
- 6:05pm Arrive at OZC Member Bill Husar’s cottage (159 Kenedon Drive, Kawartha Lakes)
Please commit before Thursday, June 27 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; OZC member + guest are free; non-members $10;