Join OZC (friends and family welcome!) as we voyage to the Georgian Bay region.
Meet at SS Keewatin, near Midland, Sunday morning, August 6th at 10:00am. ($50 will cover everything below, or you can order “a-la carte” for whichever part you’d like to participate in.
- First we go for a 90 minute tour of the Titantc-era passenger ship (it even has the same engine as the Titanic!) ($15)
- Reservations for lunch at The Surf Restaurant on Georgian Bay at 12:00. ($20)
- After lunch drive to Bala with a quick stop at the marine railroad
- Visit the falls in Bala, then work our way down to Eric’s Cottage via Southwood Road
- Join in the BBQ at Eric’s cottage ($15)
We will meet at Lock 42 , 4375 Canal Rd, Washago, ON L0K 2B0 at 11:00am for a bring your own picnic lunch.
Highlights of the tour will be a barn quilt trail, the Dorset Lookout Tower, Southwood Road and Georgian Bay, ending at my cottage for a barbecue at 5:00.
There will be a fee of $10-20, depending on what activities the participants register for.
Save the Date and see you there!
Join us for a tour up and around OZC Member Eric Zondervan’s cottage!
Lots of new roads and attractions as well as some old favourites including Southwood Road.
New this year is Santa’s Village, zip lines, or aerial adventure park and scenic roads around Bracebridge.
Meet at the cottage for coffee and donuts between 8-10. We will leave at 10:00, but anyone who wants to just hang out at the cottage for the day is welcome.
Barbecued ribs, chicken wings and corn on the cob starting at 5:00. This will be a no alcohol event.
$10.00/person for the barbecue.
Go to www.santasvillage.com for more information on the activities in Bracebridge.
Save the date! RSVP to Eric Zondervan