Ontario Z Car is inviting all its members to join the Vintage Automobile Racing Association of Canada’s “Street Car Lapping Sessions” on Thursday June 13, 2019 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
These sessions are part of their annual Vintage Grand Prix practice day – so no doubt there will be some exciting cars on track to watch between the lapping sessions.
The day is cast as a “friendly” day with conscientious drivers – so it’s a good opportunity for novices as well. It’s not meant to be a heads down intensive track day – simply learn to drive pretty quickly in a controlled environment on an amazing track. (Mentoring will be available from a number of the VARAC Vintage Race Car Drivers at no extra cost). (FYI, convertibles ARE permitted).
Only $350 – BOOK NOW – as there are a fixed number of spots and they’re filling up fast!
Join OZC and their friends on this great tour of Prince Edward County. Sign-up now to let us know you’re coming! Contact Tom Dickson email@example.com by Friday June 14th!
This is an all new tour, featuring much more than just wineries.
8 AM – Meet at SAIL, 665 Laval Drive parking lot, exit at Stevenson Rd from 401 Oshawa. (Printed Directions and maps will be handed out. A waiver form will be available, which all drivers and passengers must sign. There will be a brief driver’s meeting to review tour etiquette.)
- 8:30 AM – Depart . Travel 1 ½ hour east to first destination, HUFF Winery And Oeno Gallery, 2274 Prince Edward County Road 1.
- 10 AM – Arrive Huff Winery. Visit here for 1 ½ hour, there is a $12 charge for wine tasting of 6 different wines at this winery. There is an extensive indoor and outdoor art exhibit.
- 11:30 AM – Depart Cruise to Lake on The Mountain Resort for Lunch 264 County Rd 7
- 12:00 to 12:15 – Arrive The Inn Lake on The Mountain Resort Reservations will be made in Advance. Please advise by Friday June 14 if you plan to attend as THE INN is a busy location.
- 1:30 PM – Depart for next destination, BLACK PRINCE Winery Picton 13370 County Rd. 7, Picton
- 2:15 PM – Arrive BLACK PRINCE Winery. Wine tasting for 3 wines will be $5.00 . The Winery also makes a variety of vinegars derived from wines . A tour of their wine and vinegar facility is available.
- 3: 30 or earlier – Depart for next destination, Armstrong Glass Works in Wellington. 2 Ave., Prince Edward, On K0K 3L0 Must arrive here for 4 PM where we will have a scheduled demonstration of Glass blowing. Visit the show rooms for some unique glass ware. Demo and Glassworks closes at 5 PM.
From here you may partake of excellent food as recommended by the locals at
- The East & Main Bistro or La Condessa Restaurant in Wellington , Reservations are not being made for dinner.
- Or head for home as you wish.
You are welcome to join the tour at any point, but please let Tom, firstname.lastname@example.org know of your intentions, especially if you are joining us for lunch, by Friday June 14.
- 9:00am Depart from Tim Horton’s in Port Perry (starting time after breakfast!)
- 9:45am Depart from Canadian Tire, Lindsay (5 min stop)
- 11:15am Depart from Tim Horton’s Fenelon Fall (after some more food!) (30 min stop)
- 12:45pm Depart from Tim Horton’s Bob Caygeon (Kawartha Ice Cream and bigeleyshoes.com (time for shopping!) (60 min stop)
- 1:45pm Depart from Kinmount (30 min stop)
- 2:05pm Depart from Gooderham (no stop)
- 3:00pm Depart from Kawartha Country Wines (25 min stop)
- 3:15pm Depart from Terry Gas Bar, Curve Lake (cheap gas) (15 min stop)
- 3:50pm Depart from Whetung Ojibwa Centre (time for shopping!) (30 min stop)
- 4:25pm Depart from Burleigh Falls (no stop)
- 5:15pm Depart from Young’s Point, Lockside Trading Company (40 min stop)
- 5:25pm Depart from Lakefield (no stop)
- 5:40pm Depart from Trent University (no stop)
- 6:05pm Arrive at OZC Member Bill Husar’s cottage (159 Kenedon Drive, Kawartha Lakes)
Please commit before Thursday, June 27 by email to email@example.com; OZC member + guest are free; non-members $10;
Join us for a tour up and around OZC Member Eric Zondervan’s cottage!
Lots of new roads and attractions as well as some old favourites including Southwood Road.
New this year is Santa’s Village, zip lines, or aerial adventure park and scenic roads around Bracebridge.
Meet at the cottage for coffee and donuts between 8-10. We will leave at 10:00, but anyone who wants to just hang out at the cottage for the day is welcome.
Barbecued ribs, chicken wings and corn on the cob starting at 5:00. This will be a no alcohol event.
$10.00/person for the barbecue.
Go to www.santasvillage.com for more information on the activities in Bracebridge.
Save the date! RSVP to Eric Zondervan